Grout System’s Micropiles are designed and installed to provide structural support for deep foundations.
Micropiles are small diameter, high-capacity deep foundation elements installed by drilling to the design depth and installing a steel casing, inserting steel bars in the casing for reinforcement, and filling the void with high-strength cement grout. Micropiles can vary in diameter from 4 to 10 inches, extend to depths of 200 feet and achieve load capacities up to 400 tons.
Micropiles are an economical alternative to large-diameter drilled shaft foundations. They are used to underpin existing structures and to install deep foundations in situations with difficult ground conditions from natural or man-made obstructions, karst geology, and limited access or low headroom.
Advantages of Micropiles
- Easy to install in confined spaces or low overhead areas
- Able to penetrate subsurface obstructions
- Minimal noise and vibration
- Minimal disturbance to existing foundations
- Facility operations maintained during construction
- High axial load capacities
- Designed to resist compression and tension forces
- Evaluated using compressive, tension and lateral pile load tests
Would Micropiles be a good solution for your Deep Foundation project?